Training for groups
"The training we had from Self Help UK was invaluable"
We can support groups and individuals with
- Setting up a self help group
- Sustaining groups
- Facilitating group sessions
- Facilitating meetings
- Finance and Treasurer training
- Fundraising for groups
- Managing change
- Conflict resolution
- Promoting your group through social media
- Leadership skills for key group members
- Confidence building
In addition, we offer the following sessions to self-help groups at competitive rates:
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Events First Aid
- Becoming an Effective Trainer
- Safer Moving and Handling
Please contact Martin Cook, Training Co-ordinator (Outreach and Development Team) for more information about training options
07507 052755 email@example.com
We also offer training for professionals.
The Knowledge Bank
As part of our commitment to supporting the development of self help groups, SHUK has made an exciting new addition to its range of training provision.
The Knowledge Bank uses SHUK’s position as the nationally recognised body supporting self help groups.
The aim is:
- To support groups to create and market their own training resources based on their particular area of “expertise by experience” as a means of their developing their sustainability.
- This training could be used in making a case about what you do to potential funders of your group or it could be delivered for a fee to healthcare professionals as part of their CPD requirement
- To validate the lived experience of group members and to develop their skills
- To enable the advocacy for the self help model to be undertaken by individuals who have directly experienced its benefits.
Groups can access the Knowledge Bank support package in its entirety or the component parts can be accessed separately, according to individual group needs.
- Becoming an Effective Trainer (for key members of your group)
- Support with creating your own training resources
- Support to gain CPD accreditation for your training
- Marketing of training to health professionals