Working with communities
We can support your community
We work with new and emerging as well as established communities.
We understand at Self Help UK how difficult it can be engaging with people when you are new to the area or have different needs. We offer support on how to share your culture and to get support for your community. For example, we have recent started working with the Mongolian community in Nottingham.
The Mongolian community is new to Nottingham and want to share their culture. We included them in the Hyson Green Cultural Festival and from that we supported them to set up a self help group.
Following our BAME project we continue to work with BAME communities.
BAME self help groups include:
- Afro-Caribbean Womens' Group
- All Nations Diabetes Group
- Asian Ladies Association, Wollaton
- Broxtowe African Caribbean Elders
- Champions of Change (Cancer)
- Friends and Bredrins (Prostate cancer)
- South Asian Women's Support Group
Please contact Velma for more information firstname.lastname@example.org