Setting up a group
Thinking of starting up a group?
There is nothing like talking to someone who has been there, so before setting up a group, do a little research - here are a few suggestions
- Visit or talk to a local self help group – they will be happy to share their experience with you
- Find out whether there is a national organisation for people with your health issue or concern. They may be able to offer you help and advice
- Talk to friends and family, you may need their help and encouragement
- See if you can find people in the same situation to help you get the group off the ground
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Working together is rewarding and sharing tasks lightens the load
- Come and talk to us, we can offer a range of support and can put you in touch with any existing groups.
This will help you to decide whether this is right for you.
Contact our Outreach and Development team: 0115 911 1662 email@example.com
For training on how to set up a group, please contact Martin, our Training Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org 07507 052 755