tea and a chat
We are always looking for volunteers. Here are our current opportunities.
Macmillan Beyond Diagnosis Service (across Nottinghamshire)
Macmillan, in partnership with Self Help UK, offers emotional and practical support to local people affected by cancer. Support can vary from a chat over a cup of tea, to help with shopping or going out to a cafe. The service is delivered by a growing team of fantastic volunteers who provide confidential one-to-one support to those living with and beyond cancer, family members and carers.
Could you support somebody on their cancer journey? If you would like to volunteer for as little as 1-2 hours per week, please fill in our application form and see the role description for more information. All volunteers complete a DBS check, provide two references and undertake a day's Macmillan training for the role. Training and ongoing support are provided by two Macmillan professionals.
Want to chat about volunteering? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0115 911 1662.
Interested in getting support? Please see our Referrals page
" I get a lot of enjoyment and fulfillment out of being able to help others, understanding from my own experience what they are going through and just being there for them, which they do really appreciate, much more than we often realise. "
" It’s a fantastic voluntary service to be part of and I would recommend becoming a volunteer. "
Tandem Project, Derby
All Tandem volunteers are trained and have completed a DBS criminal records check before being matched with a service user.
Can you help the Carers' Council with some of your time?
The charity The Carers' Council - allies in adult mental health is looking for volunteers to help support the Executive Committee to carry out some of its' roles. We also need a Committee Secretary. Please can you help us with any of the following:
- Join the Committee/offer to be Secretary
- Help at our social open meetings by:
- Being on Reception to book in members and check membership details
- Act as 'host' to ensure people have what they want and enjoy things
- Be a 'caller' at Bingo
- Help tidy up the room
- Help with membership checks and enquiries at AGMs and open meetings
- Help to produce promotional material and develop newsletter content
- Attend a meeting on behalf of the Committee and report back to the Chair
- Help with arranging transport for outings (ideas, making contacts, bookings)
- Help arrange speakers for open meetings (making contacts, bookings)
If there is anything here that interests you, please get in touch with our Chair, Geoff Curtis on 0115 963 1916 or email@example.com