Time to Change - Nottingham
Reflections of 18 months of Nottingham Time to Change
Our champions meeting on 15 August gave us an opportunity to reflect on what Nottingham Time to Change champions had achieved over the past 18 months:
- Almost 100 Time to Change Champions have been recruited from diverse communities across Nottingham
- Thousands of conversations have been held in Nottingham on reducing stigma and discrimination
- All sizes of employers have taken the Time to Change Employer Pledge and hundreds of Employee Champions have been recruited.
Champions have worked in groups and individually and developed innovative approaches of engaging local people. They have given their time freely to support each other and to work with strategic partners in the city to influence policy change.
We know that it has not been easy, but you have made a massive difference – thank you, thank you, thank you!
Going forward from 1 September 2019
As Hub funding comes to an end, new ways of taking Time to Change forward are being developed with the enthusiasm and support of a few partners.
- Self Help UK offer to support any campaign groups through the transition of becoming peer support groups – this would allow them to be supported through the mental health network, access support and training and even hold meetings at Self Help’s premises.
- Nottingham City Council will provide a regular Nottingham Time to Change e-bulletin that will allow champions to stay in touch and hear about mental health activity in the city. To receive the e-bulletin click here
- In November, the council will be hosting an event about Nottingham Time to Change where champions can come together with other partners to explore how the city can continue to reduce stigma and discrimination. If any champions would like to be involved in the planning of this event please email email@example.com
Information regarding the date and time of the event will be circulated through the Time to Change e-Bulletin.
And finally another big thank you to everyone who has been involved in this project so far. We look forward to seeing what happens next……..