The Tandem Project
How we helped
The Tandem Project came to an end in June 2018.
We had trained volunteers who provide a befriending service to socially isolated people with a long term health condition in Derby. Support included:
- Visiting someone at home to build a trusting supportive relationship
- Offering support via the telephone
- Accompanying someone to self-help groups and social activities
- Accompanying someone to GP or Hospital appointments
- Supporting someone to access training or volunteering opportunities
A new approach to supported self-care for people who are experiencing social isolation as a result of living with a long term condition. Tandem supports people affected by long term health conditions such as diabetes, COPD, cancer, heart disease etc. to become more active within their local community.