Telephone Volunteer Resource Bank
A range of information and links to support you in your volunteering role.
Self Help UK hosts the Nottinghamshire Macmillan Beyond Diagnosis service: for an overview please click on the following links:
To support you in your role as a Telephone Volunteer, please access the resources below:
- Click here to download: Safeguarding Over the Phone
- Click here to download: Using Non-Discriminatory Language
Telephone Volunteering and Data Protection
As a Telephone Volunteer, you have a duty to protect all personal information you hold which relates to your clients.
Top Tips for doing this are to:
- Find a quiet and private place in your home where you can talk to clients without being overheard
- Keep written notes about clients to a minimum
- Complete an electronic version of your Volunteer Log and email this to your Coordinator.
- If you need to make a written note of client information, keep this safe and secure and dispose of safely as soon as possible
- Discuss client details only with members of the Beyond Diagnosis Team
- If you are in any doubt about how to protect client information, please contact your Beyond Diagnosis Coordinator.